List Of Good Persuasive Essay Topics For 7th Graders
Writing a great persuasive essay in the 7th grade can be a challenging task without first choosing a really good topic. There are a number of things one can write on, but the best papers tend to be the ones in which a topic that is genuinely interesting to the writer is used. Here is a list to help you get started:
- In William Golding’s novel, The Lord of the Flies, do you believe the boys’ attempt to create a society in which the sole foundational element is that of survival is a justified as supported by the society in which they all were influenced by?
- There is a common belief that says that good habits can improve emotion, physical and financial health. Choose one of your personal habits and provide an argument for why it’s the best habit for others to have.
- People around the world have a perception that the U.S. is a nation of couch potatoes. Write an essay persuading people to believe or not believe this opinion about the country?
- A lot of parents have decided to give their teenagers an automatic weekly or a monthly allowance without having any requirements such as behavior or grades. Do you think this is fair or does it promote negative behavior from kids?
- Have you ever read a novel you feel that everyone else should absolutely read? If so, can you present an argument persuading others to read it?
- Today, it’s harder for politicians to keep their private lives private. So then, what is your opinion about the openness about what goes on in decision-makers’ private lives and should they be given expansive rights?
- Do you think that more people should lease cars instead of purchasing new cars? Make the best case for the option you believe is the best and support your argument with specific examples.
- Many states have made it illegal for drivers to operate a vehicle while using a cell phone. Do you believe this is a good law that should be passed in other states or does it violate the private behavior of citizens?
- Studies show that students do better in school when certain types of music are played in the background of their classroom lectures. Do you think schools should adapt their methods of instruction and incorporate music?
- Many schools require students to read works by Shakespeare or old texts from ancient Greece and Rome. Do you think these texts are outdated to meet the demands of today’s society?